Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chores

So what age is it exactly when housework stops being fun? It must be early because I certainly can't remember a time when it was something I begged my mom to let me do! I will enjoy Spencer's enthusiasm for chores for as long as I can.

I just had a thought...get ready, here it comes...

Maybe if I approach my chores with the attitude that it's fun and rewarding, Spencer may grow up with the same idea...? And maybe my feelings of dread and drudgery will be reversed in the process...Hmmm. I guess it's worth a shot.

Anyway, here is my cute little "helper" in action...


I am happy I discovered the dust mop. I will take that over a regular broom any day!



Even though he uses half the bottle of dish soap in the process, he does get those dishes quite clean!

I don't necessarily think of brushing teeth as a chore, I enjoy good oral hygiene (thanks dad)! But it's something he's starting to enjoy doing by himself, so I included it.

Even Daddy gets help with his chores!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohh,.. Spence,.. My floors need some lovin. Wanna "play" date this week buddie?

S said...

Yay for reverse psycology! ( and I know I spelled that wrong, so forgive me). Those pictures of Spencer cleaning were so cute. It's depressing to see all that snow,I hope that picture was taken a long time ago.

Mason & Laura said...

Ohhh! First of all, LOVE this post. Spencer is adorable cleaning :) Second: holy cow that's a lot of snow!!!!

Anonymous said...

okay, do you love your dust mop? I have hard wood floors in my whole house and that is not even joking. It doesn't seem like a regular broom really picks up the dirt! let's hear a real dust mop review.