Monday, April 28, 2008

The Grand Canyon

This last weekend we took a fun and spontaneous trip to the Grand Canyon! Dave had a trade show in Phoenix, and 2 days before he had to leave he came home from work with the idea that we all go to Arizona and go see the Grand Canyon after the trade show. Normally I like to plan trips more than 2 days in advance (as I'm sure most women do), but we had a lot of fun and we are really glad we went. We stayed in a hotel right on the rim of the canyon that was built in 1905 (recentely updated of course), and it was really cool and historical and stuff =). I am a bit afraid of heights, so I had a hard time going right up to the wall along the edge of the cliffs, and I often freaked out if Dave took Spencer too close to the wall. But the canyon is truly spectacular, and if you haven't seen it in person, it is definitely something you should see sometime in your life. Anyway, here are some pics =).



I'm hiding it, but I'm a little freaked out being by the edge!!


These pictures do not do the canyon justice. But we're pretty cute, huh?

Spencer was very excited about a very large squirrel. Can you see it?


This is a ride on a huge toy elk at a souvenier store. Spence was much more interested in squirrels and rocks and toys than in the canyon itself.


This is a video of Dave and Spence going down a natural water slide at a place called "Slide Rock" (clever name) near Sedona. It was beautiful and so cool, but the water was freezing! Spencer didn't know what he was getting into. We are cruel parents. By the way, the guy at the end is our new friend from Brooklynn, NY - he let us borrow the toddler life jacket and a blanket, as we were ill prepared!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

SOO fun! I am glad that you added that video!! Poor kid!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Gotta love Dave's last minute ideas!! You guys are awesome! p.s. cute background!!

Sears Family of 6, wait wow 6!!!!! said...

I'm so glad that you commented on my blog! I can't believe how big Spencer is!!

Natalie said...

What cute pictures, and way to go with the flow (it being a last minute trip and all). I love the new blog look too! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Sears Family of 6, wait wow 6!!!!! said...

Hey I will be in town from the 14-27 but Andy will only be there for one day and then he has to go to his brothers graduation. But I will be there so send me details so I can come see you guys!! Get ahold of Paige for my email- I don't think I should give it out on a blog- or is that ok to do?!?!

Steelman Co. said...

Dave- you needed a life jacket too! danger's your middle name

Mason & Laura said...

that's sooo cool you took a last minute trip to the grand canyon! way to be spontaneous!! I love the pictures by the way, especially the video....poor spencer didn't know what he was in for getting into that cold water! so cute. (your hair is really cute by the way)