Last week Spencer disappeared somehow, and in his place was something I like to call a wild banshee, Dave would call it a screaming mi-mi, but also known as a terrible two year old. He just woke up last Monday and decided to throw tantrums at every little thing – all week long! (Not to mention he has also learned how to open doors and does not want to stay in his room for naptime.) It may have been the longest week of my life! But since Monday, I am feeling as though all is right in the world again because he was back to his normal sweet and darling self (and we learned we can lock his bedroom door on the inside, but still unlock it from the outside, hee hee). There have been no tantrums, he has hardly even raised his voice. I’m sure glad he’s back, because I like this one a lot better than the one I had last week! I hope I’m not jinxing myself by writing this outloud…
In other news…
I have a new calling in the Relief Society Presidency in my ward. The thoughts at this prospect have been taking up a lot of space in my brain since I met with the Bishop a couple of weeks ago! I am pretty overwhelmed, but also excited. I am excited to work with the other women in the presidency, and I’m excited to get to know people in my ward better. Dave and I really love the ward we are in. I don’t know why or how it is different than other wards we’ve been in, but we just feel so good here, and are making really good friends that I feel like I’ll stay friends with long after we aren’t in the same ward anymore. So I’m getting prepared to go to a lot of meetings, and Dave is getting prepared to babysit a whole lot more! Speaking of Dave, I would like to brag about what a good husband he is for a minute…Sunday, after my first presidency meeting, I came home to find Dave doing the dishes and getting dinner in the oven all while babysitting Spencer! He’s so good to me =).
Athen 10th Birthday
8 years ago

4 comments:
im glad he is back! Sweet boy! That was pretty weird though! I am glad you are excited for your new calling! Im glad its you and not me! Peter and I got new callings last week and we are the Activity Chair monthly ward activites are going to kill me! Have fun in Arizona!! Love you!
Oh good, I'm glad Spencer is back to his old cute self again. One can only handle so much screaming!! (Trust me, I know!!) So is Spencer in a "big boy bed"? If so I would like to know how this transition went. And, did you convert your crib, or buy a twin mattress, or what? We are trying to figure out what to do with Gwenn since Audrey will need the big crib soon :)
Hi Amanda! Sounds like life is going pretty good in Utah. Spencer is so cute! Logan is doing good, he's serving in a suburb of Miami right now, and he actually misses the snow! Crazy!
It's an eye-opener for me when my kids become temporarily possessed. When they are back to normal, it helps me appreciate how good they really are. I've got to say, after being in the Primary presidency for 2 years, I have a much greater appreciation for the Relief Society presidency!!! It is definitely for the wonderful & strong women!
Post a Comment