Wednesday, April 2, 2008

In the beginning...

Well hello fellow cyberspace people! I have finally put a blog together for the enjoyment of...well, hopefully more than just myself. I may be the second to last person to enter the blogging world (the last person will probably be my sister Mary...hee hee). But I am excited to finally be a part of it!

Evidently blogs are for sharing our thoughts or interesting happenings. So today I would like to share a story about my darling Spencer. (What a shock, to share something about my kid!) Anyway, one day before breakfast last week, Spencer said his first prayer all by himself, and it was the cutest thing ever! This is how it went - verbatim: "Dear Father...thank you...bless it...Amen!" There were fairly long pauses between each phrase where he was looking around with his head down and arms folded. But he had all the elements to a prayer, and it was short and sweet. I was so proud...I even teared up a bit...somehow motherhood does that to a person.

Well I will sign off for now. Tune in next week (or maybe tomorrow, who knows?) for more hooting and hollering from the Batemans! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

Amanda! I love your new blog! It's so fun to read your stories because you so silly :) Anyway, yay! we'll be blog buddies! k bye!

Amanda said...

Oh my,.. so cute!! I am glad you started a blog, and I see that Laura has one too,.. that means I will be stalking hers and yours!! YAHOO!!!

Teresa said...

Welcome, welcome!!! Now, I can stalk you from afar, my quadlingual friend! By the way, loved seeing your pics. Spencer is so cute!

Jessie said...

Hooray! I finally got an invite! :) I love the look of your blog... so much prettier than mine. And I'm excited to hear more of your stories... so much fun!

Thanks again for yesterday. Though the time out was fun, hanging out with you guys was the best part. I'm so grateful for good friends.