Thursday, April 10, 2008

Conference Weekend

So I'm finally blogging about my fun-filled conference weekend out here in Utah - 5 days later =). My parents and little bro Kyle flew out from California, as they got tickets to 2 sessions of conference. I told my mom a few days before they came what my fantasy weekend would be while they were here...it included Kyle babsitting while I went to the Sat. morning session of conference and then afterwards my mom and I would go shopping in Park City. When I told my mom my idea, she agreed that it did sound like the mother of a 2 year old's fantasy - ha ha ha!

Anyway, it worked out almost exactly according to plan, except that my parents and I didn't realize that getting to conference an hour early - with tickets - was not enough to get seats. That's right, we didn't get in. It was pretty sad. But my dad, my brother, and Dave and his dad were able to get in to priesthood session. (We learned our lesson and my dad got to the conference center 2 hours early to save seats.) My mom and I were able to make it to Park City, and it was wonderful to spend some alone time with my mom, and it was great to do some shopping without a 2 year old (thanks kyle - what a good brother and uncle)! Then, Saturday evening we spent some time with 2 of my Aunts and their families. So it turned out to be a great weekend spending time with family, spending time being spiritually uplifted, and spending a little money in Park City! Hee Hee =)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am glad that you had fun with your family!! Speaking of family,.. we are,.. and we need to play!