Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friends, Flowers, and Fix-its

Is this not the cutest picture ever?! This is Spencer and his friend Breanne, who lives across the street from us, walking to the park. Other than his cousins, Breanne is probably Spencer's best friend. They see each other quite a bit, and play well together (as well as 2 year olds can play together!), and Spencer even talks about her when she's not around. Jessie, Breanne's mom and my good friend, and I were the ones who convinced them to hold hands while walking...and then we decided that the whole hand holding thing should probably only last for a few more years =).

Tulips are my very most favoritest flower! This Spring I was thrilled to discover that we have them growing in our yard - without any work on my part! (Thankfully it stopped snowing long enough for them to bloom...but then it started snowing again.)

So we recently discovered a leak from our upstairs bathroom to our office downstairs...needless to say, it's turned out to be a much bigger fix than we expected! We have to re-do the shower floor, and now possibly the bathroom floor! Dave has decided to do it himself, to save money...we'll see if that's actually what happens. This is what my bathroom has looked like for the past 2 days...and I hope it doesn't continue to look this way for too much longer. I told Dave he could've at least taken out the bathmat and towels that are hanging up in there, his response was "I'm a bull in a china closet...we don't think of things like that." Isn't that the truth.

4 comments:

S said...

That is the cutest picture! You could blow it up as a poster and sell it in gift shops! :)

Jessie said...

I love it, too. :) I'll be posting it soon, I hope.

So sorry about your bathroom... again. No fun.

Sears Family of 6, wait wow 6!!!!! said...

Holy crap if something like that happened in our house- it would sit like that for weeks! Andy is very handy- but very sloooow about it!! Good luck

Mason & Laura said...

I agree with Sarah that you could sell that picture...it is seriously sooooo adorable! I feel your pain with living in a in-the-process-of-being-fixed state. It's so frustrating while you're in the middle, then when it's done you're so glad you did it (well, at least in our experience we were fixing things that were old and decrepit looking....not the same case here, haha) Ok and I love tulips too, how beautiful!!