Monday, June 1, 2009

Cousins are awesome

A couple of weeks ago, my sister Mary and her two little ones came to visit us for a few days! It was awesome! Spencer and Sam had a BLAST together. They also had a few arguments...either about sharing toys, or when they would be dancing to Choo Choo Soul, and Sam would want to sit one out and Spencer wouldn't want him to sit one out. They were pretty hilarious. They were so fun to watch, and it was so fun to see my newest niece Jane, who is just adorable. Not to mention my sister Mary...she's pretty adorable too, and also lots of fun to be around =).


Sammy!
He is seriously one of the smartest and FUNNIEST kids I have ever known!

Oh, kids and their computers these days...

Uncle Dave is pretty fun too. He was their sprinkler man...the only one who would play in the sprinklers with them =).

We had lots of fun at the Thanksgiving Point farm. The pony rides are always a highlight!
Have I ever mentioned what a horrible photographer I am? Not only are the pictures I take not that great...but I am horrible at remembering to actually take pictures! Hence, no pics of me and Mary, and no pics of just Jane. Somebody knock me upside the head...


This is just a small taste of all the dancing fun.
I wish I got a video of the singing fun we also had.
Both Mary and another sister, Laura, have just moved to Oregon. They'll be living like 30 minutes apart from each other. I'm so happy that they'll get to be close to each other and closer to me (and to my mom in northern California - she's happy too!). Mary has been in Iowa for the last 4 years, and Laura has been in South Carolina for the last 2 - so yes, Oregon is much closer! But I must admit, I'm a little sad that they'll be there together without me! I keep trying to come up with a good reason we need to move Dave's business to Portland...no such luck yet though. I'll keep thinking...In the meantime, I do already have plans to visit them at the end of this month - woo-hoo!

5 comments:

Melanie Ann Millett said...

The kids and the laptops!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

I also love that picture of the boys with the laptops. What cuties! We need to do some seven peaks this week sista!!

Mason & Laura said...

Sam IS hilarious. We went to the beach this weekend with Mary & Ben and they got there before we did. When we saw them Sam said "we went down to see the waves, and they were really cool and big, and white....but I didn't like them." I about died laughing. 'Cause you can imagine his facial expressions...they're hilarious!

Mason & Laura said...

oh yeah, p.s. I love this post! I'm so glad you all had so much fun! Sam and Spencer are adorable together!!

Anonymous said...

Bah-ha-ha! Love the dancing! Kids can be sort of spastic sometimes....heck, me too at times. :-))