Here's the kicker...I found out last Friday that the Dr. accidentally doubled my dose. DOUBLED MY DOSE! I realized this when I was reading the prescription bottle and noticed I have 20mg pills instead of 10mg pills, which is what the Dr. said I would have. (I started out taking 4 pills a day...so that's 80mg when it should've been 40!) I realize that maybe I should've been a responsible adult and read my prescription bottle more carefully long ago...but still...So I kind of freaked out, because I know that predisone really can be bad for you, so I called the Dr's office right away. The nurse says, "yeah, you should be taking the 10mg pills." And I'm like "Am I going to die?!" and she says "oh no, it's not a big deal, you just got an extra kick of prednisone...you should be feeling great!" and I'm like "are you freaking kidding me? I haven't slept in a month!!" Ok yes, all of my crohn's symptoms are MUCH better, so I am grateful for that...and that's the point of the meds...but holy crap, I cannot believe they would just double the dose and tell me it's no big deal. Does "moon face" sound like no big deal?? But I talked to the pharmacist too, to get a second opinion, and they agreed that there shouldn't be any lasting side effects or damage.
Anyway, I should be off of it in a couple of weeks. They start you at a certain dose, and then taper, or wean, you off of it so your body doesn't react badly to the "withdrawl." So I'm down to 10mg, and I am sleeping much better, so that's good. I've been reading online and hear that "moon face" goes away after a few weeks of being off the drug. So I guess that's good too. In the meantime, I will just stop looking in the mirror...I know, I'm so vain...
My mom wanted to see pictures of my chubbs...this is seriously the least embarassing picture I could get...the other 20 I took of myself were disgusting.

Please don't tell me you can't tell a difference like Dave keeps saying...=(
Thank you for letting me rant about predisone. And stupid Dr.'s.

15 comments:
Hey this is Sarah Svetz, I know my account name is weird (inside joke). Just wanted to say I couldn't tell a difference. :) And if you like weird herb people remedies you should email me, because I know about some. saffronglow@hotmail.com
Amanda, you are allowed some rants so you don't have to apologize!!! Especially, when your Dr. gives you the wrong amount of meds.
Hope you feel better soon. I just want to add that you always look cute and happy to me so try not to worry about it too much!
That's scary because what if it HADN'T been ok?? YIKES. I'm glad to hear you're sleeping better. You look great no matter what...and at least it's temporary. The four of us should hang out again sometime...you know, after I'm back to normal.
Well, we have been hanging out a lot lately, and I totally didn't notice. You are beautiful!! I am seriously jelouse whenever we get together. And,.. Hey,.. you can ALWAYS rant,.. I am about to post a rant post tonight,.. I hope it doesn't cause a divorce,.. even though I told Peter he can never get rid of me,.. even if he wanted to, and that's expically true as of the last week. I can't believe they gave you the wrong doseage. That's crazy! Im glad you are sleeping better!! I love you girly!!!!
You should have had George Bailey work at your pharmacy because he would have kept you from doubling your dose. (Remember on "It's a Wonderful Life" when he stops the pharmacy guy from giving the wrong drug?) I'm glad there aren't any lasting side effects too, and that you're sleeping better. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you again in a month!
Man, that's scary!! I'm glad you're all better now! The way you tell stories is super hilarious though Amanda!! You had me laughin' my bootie off about the whole "moon face" thing! (Even though I know it's not funny to you! I just like your sarcasm!)
Okay seriously, I can't tell a difference. I totally have moon face and I'm not taking predisone. It happened sometime after I had children. Wonder if there's a drug for moon face.
Rant away girlfriend. That is TERRIBLE and people should LOSE LICENSES for those types of LETHAL mistakes!!
I still think you're a beautiful girl.
Maybe if we ever played anymore, I would've noticed... :) I'm just glad you're ok, too. That is so crazy.
Gosh, you'd think they'd be a lot more careful with things like that because many meds it probably wouldn't have been ok and it sounds like it had some bad effects on you but I'm so glad your ok...I did notice your face was a little puffy last time I saw you and was hoping it wasn't something like thyroid issues cause I guess that causes it too...I would like to be told I have hypothyroidism because then I can take a pill for it and just be thinner naturally but no such luck...but you still looked really beutifull also even though I noticed I thought you looked great too and your so beutifull inside and out that little things like that aren't going to take away from it so I wouldn't worry about the mirror too much ;). Love you! Glad your ok.
Geez, that is just crazy. I never read my perscription bottles closely, but maybe I'll start after reading about your experience. I hope things just keep getting better for you.
Hey Amanda, I noticed your face looked a little swollen, but the rest of you didn't look that way at the shower. I think moon is in, because you still look cute! :) Glad you caught the mistake, good for you!
one more thing, are you waxing or waning? ;)
Maybe if Dave's property thing doesn't work out there's money in suing doctors?
Dave's right: no chubbs at all.
That royally stinks, Amanda! Glad you're sleeping better, but not fun to have double the dose without knowing. It was fun to see ya the other week. Are you counting down to June 12th?! :)
Post a Comment