Thursday, June 4, 2009

San Diego, 26.2

We took a little family trip to San Diego this last weekend! Dave ran in the Rock 'n Roll Marathon, we went to Sea World, we saw the movie "UP" (which I loved, by the way), we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, we got to hang out with our friend Sam (we missed you though Stephanie!)and we went to bed early the entire trip - it was great!

Dave did a great job in the marathon - which is 26.2 miles, in case you didn't know. (I hate running, I can't even run 1 mile.) This was his 2nd marathon and he beat his previous time by like 15 minutes, and he beat Oprah's marathon time by a few mintues as well...that was his main goal, to beat Oprah.

Our only disappointment was that it was cloudy, rainy, and chilly the whole time we were there, so we didn't make it to the beach =(. We kept saying, "let's go tomorrow, maybe the weather will be better." And it never was. Guess we'll have to take another trip to the beach somewhere this summer.

Being the fool that I am, I didn't get a picture of Dave in the marathon, or even in his marathon attire. Sorry. I suck ok? I know this. I sure did get a lot of pictures at Sea World though - so here they come!

Shamu show


My cute boys with the same hairdo.

Spencer and moon face. Spence was too cute in this pic not to post it.

Sharks.

Killer!

Spencer waving to the whales. He loved the shows. We saw the whales, dolphins, and sea lions shows...and one "cirque de soleil" - esque show. They were all pretty awesome, and funny.

Elmo ride. Dave was pretty excited, but Spencer wasn't so sure at first.

Oh Dave. Yes, Spence is still in there with him =).

Dave and Sam. So silly. Sam ran the marathon too!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh,.. now I really want to take Bailey to Sea World. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I am glad Dave beat Oprah,.. he can now be considered a man!

Middletonfamily said...

Looks like fun! Glad you guys had a great time!

Mason & Laura said...

yay for sea world! it looks like you had a blast! too bad the weather wasn't nice enough for the beach :( was the "circus ole" (that's what I call it) esque show the one with the dolphins and birds, where they had people doing cool tricks hanging on like trapeze? we saw that in orlando--pretty cool:)

Jill And Thain said...

fun trip!! My brother and sister in law (Justin and Alisa) were in that marathon too the same one at the same time! They did great too, I think this is like their 3rd in one year...Justin's running super fast too I figured it being about a 7.8 or something mile per hour. I can't even run a mile anymore without stopping to walk. Pathetic I know and that was before I was pregnant! Way to go Dave. Glad you had fun!