Yeah, empty.Well, that's not true. Spencer is doing a GREAT job at going #1 on the potty. He keeps his cute little Elmo underwear dry, he knows when to go, he knows to hold it, he can do the whole process by himself (pants down, going potty, flushing, washing hands...) - it's awesome! However, he still REFUSES to poop on the potty! Oh, I mean, go #2 =). He asks for a diaper, or waits until bedtime when I put a diaper on him (I'm still to nervous to let him sleep in his undies). We've told him that we'll take him to the dinosaur museum AND Chuck E. Cheese if he goes #2 on the potty, and I've even bought a little toy gumball machine (and put candy, instead of gumballs, in it) and told him that he can put a penny in and get a candy if he goes #2 on the potty. He has "tried" to go a couple of times...but I think that's just been to get a candy. Sheesh. I don't want to force him, because I don't want this to be a more traumatic thing in his mind than it already seems to be. I know I've asked this, and have received some great ideas...but any other ideas? I mean, should I just force him? Am I just a pushover? Should I be worried??

3 comments:
The only thing I can say about this is to give it time. Don't stress about it. It will happen. ;)
Also, maybe try to give him an immediate reward, you know instant gratification. We put stickers on a train chart and when he had all the stickers he was able to get a new train (my son loves trains).
This whole potty training business just scares me. I bought Chance a potty (the same as yours, actually) just because he's been so interested lately. I know he's young, but I don't want to miss my window of opportunity since he's semi-excited about it. Anyway, he pulls his pants and diaper off and just sits there saying pee and poo over and over again, but obviously nothing happens. I just don't know how to even START with this process.
I wonder if you just don't give into his diaper demands, if he will be like Nike and just Do It!!?? I don't know! I can't say anything, I am too nervous to even try potty training, so props for doinng it!
Post a Comment