I am copying my good friend Stacy on this one...she always has good ideas!
I wanted to share 30 things about myself in light of my new age. Random tidbits you may or may not know. Here they are in no particular order =):
1. I do not like taxidermy, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I used to not even be able to be in the same room with taxidermy…but I’m doing better lately.
2. I enjoy hip-hop music, and probably look like the whitest girl in the world when I “jam” to it.
3. My eyelashes are stick straight, and I have been curling them since the 6th grade.
4. I can raise each eyebrow, one at a time.
5. I am pretty much always 5 minutes late to everything.
6. My husband proposed to me twice – once on the Tower Bridge in London (where I said “ask again later”) and again on a small wood bridge at Sundance (where I said “YES!)
7. Growing up, my family went on a number of backpacking trips in the Redwoods, which I very much enjoyed. Recently, I don’t love camping so much...particularly when my child does not sleep well in a tent. Dave teases me that I lied to him about loving all the camping I did growing up - to woo him.
8. I was 3rd Runner up in the 1995 Miss Gold Nugget Pagent in Paradise, CA.
9. I LOVE THE BEATLES. My Beatle’s song title nickname among my family is “The Fool on the Hill.” Don’t worry, I made it up myself.
10. My celebrity crushes are James Marsden and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson…that last one is a little embarrassing to admit.
11. Family is the very most important thing to me. I am lucky that my family members are my best friends (immediate, extended, and in-laws).
12. I enjoy TP-ing (toilet papering), and used to say that I would never stop TP-ing. I said I would TP the room next to mine at the rest home when I’m 90. I haven’t been in a LONG time…I think I’m overdue.
13. Now that I’m 30 I must finally be growing up because just this last year I’ve decided I like pickles, peppers, and fish. Not necessarily all together...
14. I love Girls Camp – as a girl, and as a leader. I still sing the camp songs, and Spencer really likes them!
15. I am a Ricks College graduate – class of 1998 baby!
16. I like the smell of wet pavement.
17. I LOVE Disneyland…it is the happiest place on earth, after all.
18. I love anything chocolate and caramel together.
19. People say I look like my mom. That's a good thing.
20. I love shopping…is that wrong??
21. I am not crafty or scrapbooky. Maybe someday I will be.
22. When I was young, my best friend Jill and I had dreams of starting a candy store, and the name we came up with for it was “Jimanda’s Candies”…I think it has a nice ring to it.
23. Contrary to popular belief (ie, my husband), I am good at Math…or at least I was in school.
24. I love to perform in Musicals…but haven’t been in one since high school.
25. I think Hawaii is the most beautiful place on earth that I have seen so far.
26. In 6th grade, I could not understand why anyone wouldn’t peg their pants.
27. I took dance classes for 8 years while growing up.
28. I would like to visit Japan someday.
29. I have such a hard time going to bed early…early means before midnight.
30. The name “Amanda” means, Loveable.
Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to. But I like these kinds of things...I like learning new things about my friends. So if any of you get the urge to make your own list, I will thoroughly enjoy reading it!
Athen 10th Birthday
8 years ago

5 comments:
I do believe you shuld start that candy store, for now you can pretend with the DearElder stash, and have people with the name Amanda giveaways,.. and only I know about it,.. okay? I love TPing too,.. but since you are over due, I am VERY glad I don't have tress,.. well I guess there are trees here,.. but I wouldn't have to clean them! SO come TP me!! :) Happy Birthday,.. Love yoU!
I loved learning more about you. Jimanda's Candies -- start it! It's SO your turn.;)
Woohoo - you did my idea! I'm very flattered, and I loved reading your list. Some things I knew, and some I didn't even after 12 years of knowin' ya! :)
I liked reading your list, I actually knew a few of the things on there! :) I might still this idea for my blog.....
I miss our tp'ing adventures! I'm sure we went at least once or twice together..it's so fun to read all this stuff. Like I totally forgot about the Miss Gold Nugget thing..I hope your b-day was the best! Love ya!
Post a Comment