Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Deep Thoughts (by Jack Handy)

The last two are dedicated to my sisters Mary and Laura. I love you two crazy kids.

"Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?"

"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."

"When this girl at the museum asked me whom I liked better, Monet or Manet, I said, "I like mayonnaise." She just stared at me, so I said it again, louder. Then she left. I guess she went to try to find some mayonnaise for me."

"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."

5 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

oh how i love deep thoughts. these are great! ok, and I wasn't thinking about the fact that you just posted your list of 30 things, but just as long as you eventually do the "tag" thing I guess I won't have my feelings hurt (haha, j/k).

Harley King said...

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?

Mary Ann said...

I like those last two. :) When we were in Washington D.C. we went to an art museum with some Monet and Manet paintings, and I reallllly wanted to ask someone if they liked mayonnaise, but I didn't think it would be appropriate. But I sure wanted to. :)

Lucia said...

My roommate had 3 deep thought books, and we spend many a night in chapman hall, giggling over them.

Melissa said...

I haven't read any deep thoughts in so long. They are so funny! Thanks for the laugh