Monday, August 11, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008, Amanda Bateman turned...30!! That's right folks, I'm not as young as I look...or act, maybe. 30 seems like such a significant number, and it used to sound old to me when I was a teenager. And although it is odd that I am actually 30 and an official grown up, I'm not freaked out by it...that's what I keep telling myself...=).

To celebrate, Dave took me to Park City for two nights without Spencer. It was fabulous! We ate good food, slept in, saw a movie, and Dave was sweet and patient while I shopped at the outlet stores for 3 1/2 hours (this is a feat, as he is not a shopper) - he even did some shopping of his own. And while, of course, I missed Spencer, and thought about him constantly, it was so nice to do something that was just the two of us. Thanks Dave!


This is at the Olypmic Park.



"Hi! It's my birthday, and there's a double rainbow behind me!" (I know I look like a dork, but it's endearing, right? Plus, you can't tell very well in the pic, but there IS a double rainbow behind me.)

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You look so pretty in those pictures. And I like your hair. (Which goes along with the pretty thing.) That's a good picture of you and Dave.

Amanda Nemelka said...

I'm glad you found my blog! You look great and Happy Birthday by the way. I love the 30 for 30 thing. I like all your factoids. It's always good to chat with you too!

Leslie said...

Yeah I found you!! I looked forever for you blog but couldn't get to it until your comment. Happy Belated Birthday! You're looking great for 30!!! I'm excited to have your blog address! It was great chatting with you last night too! I had a great time!

Kara said...

What an old timer! Do you still have all your teeth? How fun to get away just the two of you; much deserved, I'm sure.

S said...

Happy birthday! I am hoping to do some outlet shopping this weekend. To answer your question on my blog, Matt and I went to Honduras on our honeymoon. It was one of the stops on our cruise. I went to Europe a month or so before I got married with a school travel program. I feel so guilty for talking about myself on a post on someone else's blog.

Harley King said...

I'm glad you turned 30 before me to tell me what it's like (it's my next birthday). If I look half as good as you at 30, I can hardly wait for my birthday.

Please stop lying about the double rainbow.