Saturday, July 26, 2008

You'd think it was GQ

In some exciting news from the Bateman's world...Dave is on the cover of another magazine! How crazy is that? "Entrepreneur" magazine featured Property Solutions (Dave's software business) in an article about raising capital for their August 2008 issue. Dave was interviewed for the article, and then he and his cohorts, aka business partners - John Hanna, and Ben Zimmer - were asked to participate in a little photo shoot...but they had no idea they'd end up on the cover! Plus, his part of the article is so short, they were surprised to have their pictures taken at all.

This makes a total of 2 magazine covers for Dave and Ben. They were featured in "Fortune Small Business" in October 2003 for winning the magazine's national MBA business plan competition.

When will I be on the cover of a magazine? I am assuming the answer to that is, never. Oh well... I was in a commercial for the Chico Mall once (barely), and in a Seminary movie...that's a little bit cool...or something...maybe? But I am very proud and thrilled about this, and about the success that Property Solutions is having. These guys have certainly worked hard enough to deserve it.


Cover shot. This picture is actually only on the cover of copies that are sent out to subscribers...you won't see it on the newsstands...but it's still pretty darn awesome.


This is the inside cover...from their poses, you'd think it was a photo shoot for GQ or something.

This is the cover of Fortune Small Business from 2003. It's a horrible picture, I know. It's a picture I took of our copy, and I'm a horrible photographer - sorry!


4 comments:

Jessie said...

That is so exciting! Good for you, Dave.

Which seminary video were you in?

Mason & Laura said...

i love how on both magazines the boys have their hands in their pockets & stuff! congratulations, Dave!! (and yeah, I can't decide which background i like the best....any suggestions?)

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Wow! Dave you are a super star! Congratulations. Hi Amanda and fam, it is so good to check you guys out...not really check you out but you know what I mean. You are such a cute family. I am happy to see you are doing so well.

Amanda said...

Yeeeha yeeeha,.. that is totally my brother!! Sad part is,.. Dave is my real only claim to fame,.. and not really even for Property Solutions,.. more for DearElder!