Thursday, January 20, 2011

Karate

Spencer started karate classes a few weeks ago! It is SUPER cute, and he is liking it, and really getting into it. He and Dave practice together, even though Dave has never taken any karate classes. I guess "Karate Kid" teaches you the basics =).

About an hour before the first class, Spencer asked, "So, will I fight a boy or a girl?" (He watched "Karate Kid" also.) Uh-oh, looks like we need to explain what's going to happen here a little better! I told him he will just be learning the moves of karate, but won't actually be fighting anyone...he probably won't ever actually fight anyone. He wasn't too thrilled by that. During the class he was very attentive and did exactly what the teacher instructed. It was so cute to see how focused he was. He played indoor soccer over the summer, and was so squirrley, and seemed to hardly be able to pay attention at all! I guess pre-school has helped his attention span. Anyway, when the class was over, he said, "Ok, I'm ready to fight someone now. I don't need any more classes." Luckily, he is still happy to go to class =).

This is his first day. I thought his kicks were pretty good for his first time! The kids are in a little room, and all the parents gather around this small window to watch. Also, we are at the Orem Fitness Center, so there are a couple of basketball games going on right behind us =).

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So cute! I love the little video. And that's way cute that he was so attentive even though he didn't get to fight anyone. I can easily imagine Sam being disappointed about finding out he wouldn't be fighting anyone also.

Jill And Thain said...

cute! yeah ..now there's something fun and worth paying attention for, for a little boy :). He is really focused in the video! I tried April's number last week but I think I left the old one in my phone and dialed that on accident I think, I had two numbers so I just called the other one and left a message. Hopefully she'll get back and we can get together soon. :)

Natalie said...

O.k. so that is just plain adorable!!!