IT'S THAT I'M PREGNANT!!!
You don't know how long I've been waiting to say that! Well, some of you do =). I am 13 weeks along and starting into the 2nd trimester, but really I have been waiting 3 years to say that. We are so thrilled, excited, ecstatic, amazed, THANKFUL, and every other wonderful emotion you can imagine.
I am doing great, and so far the baby is doing great. Weeks 6-11 were sorta cruddy - just regular nausea and exhaustion, but I tried not to complain. Those are good signs in pregnancy. And lately I'm starting to feel better. I am also starting to feel chubby...I do not look pregnant yet, and I've only gained 1 pound, but I'm just in that "pudgy tummy/uncomfortable to button your pants" stage.
I wish I had a picture of Spencer's face when we told him there is a baby in my tummy! It was fantastic. He is SO excited! He wants a baby sister (just like his cousin Chloe - so cute!), and he wants to name the baby "Cutie." That has a nice ring to it, huh? He's always saying things like "Mom, how's your baby doing in your tummy?" or "when the baby comes out, I will be silly to it, and make it laugh." He loves babies, and just cannot wait.
Evidence:

How many people can say that they have a picture of themselves when they were just 150 cells?
I actually got pregnant through IVF (in-vitro), and this was our 3rd attempt. Third time is the charm, as they say =). They put 2 embryos in (pictured above), but we are only having 1 baby. I think the Dr. and I were the only ones relieved that I wasn't having twins! My parents were actually here when I had my 6 week ultrasound, and both they and Dave were hoping for twins. I mean, I would've taken twins for sure, but I knew it was much higher risk for me (especially since I have Crohn's disease).

Here is the picture of my ultrasound between 11-12 weeks. The ultrasound machine seemed really old, so I'm thinking that's why it just looks like a weird little blob. Some ultrasound pics I see at this stage seem to be a lot more defined. Oh well. (Maybe we should refer to the baby as "the blob" instead of "cutie." I'll run it by Spence.) Anyway, the Dr. said that everything looks great and normal! HALLELUJAH!

19 comments:
Yeah! I've been dying to say "congratulations" for about 6 weeks now but people have always been around, and I was told you were keeping it quiet, and I am a firm believer in keeping other peoples secrets so...
Anyway! CONGRATULATIONS!
Okay, okay, okay. I guess I have a little more to say than just "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
But that pretty much sums up how I feel.
So happy for you guys. SO HAPPY!
And so cute that Spencer is so excited.
We love you all!
Hooray!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you're feeling better and that things are going well. That's so cute that Spencer wants to name it "Cutie". :) Love ya!
Congratulations! And, no you do not look chubby. I had both my babies in the spring, it's the best!
I am doing the happy dance right now, and I cannot wait to find out that it's a girl, and I cannot wait until she gets here. Bailey has upped the "please bwess Amanda's baby to get big" to twice or sometimes three times per prayer,.. it's gonna be a BIG baby!! I LOVE being an aunt!!
Congratulations!!!! That is sooo exciting! You're such a cute cute family!
That's so AWESOME!! :) I'm so happy for you! How cute that Spencer wants to "be silly to it". HA! Congratulations!!
Re the 150 cells picture: that's just really weird. And on the subject of prayer, "Please bless the baby not to be premature!!!" I think I say that prayer silently myself about 10,000 times a day.
I
am
very
excited.
Parenthood(x2) could not have happened to a better couple. We are very happy for you.
And there's no way there's 150 cells in that picture. I'd say between 80-105.
Cells, life and babies are beautiful things.
We are so excited for you guys. I have been waiting for this post. I have been hoping for good new and today it was there.
Oh, Happy Day!!!!!!!!! Ecstatic! Overjoyed! Exuberant! Elated!
...are you getting my drift? Congratulations to the best news! Here's to an uneventful, happy pregnancy:)
I am so happy for you and your family. What a blessing. You have been so patient. Congratulations a million times over. And please... I gained at least 10 lbs by the time I was 13 weeks so lets not be throwing around the chubby word when you're talking 1 lb. ;) And I like the name Cutie. wink wink.
Congratulations Bateman family! This was a lot of work on your part. Having a baby should be easy after all you have been through. I hope so anyways....we so have been there and are sooooo happy for you!
btw....this is John's big sister:)
So cute what Spencer said. I'm so excited, thrilled, and happy for you!!! Boy or girl, it will be a "cutie!" :)
Yay!! Congratulations! Hope everything goes well.
Whoo hoo!!! I'm so excited for you. And Cutie Bateman is a really great name.
I am so, so, so, so happy for you. But I hope you already know that. :)
Oh, and I told Breanne that you were having a baby yesterday, and she got so excited, too. It was super cute.
I'm so excited for you!!! I've been thinking about you lately, but never sit down to check out blogs & I'm so glad I did! A HUGE CONGRATS to you and your family!!!
Post a Comment