Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bathtub Art

I should be folding my mountain of laundry...but I'm not, 'cause blogging is way more fun!

We recently bought some bathtub crayons, in the hopes that it would make persuading Spencer to get in the tub a little easier. Once he's in there he doesn't want to get out, but for some reason getting him in there is often a battle. Anyway, they are a hit, and here are some of his drawings. I am really proud because just in the last month or so he has started to draw things that actually resemble what he is telling me they are. I was beginning to worry, because it seemed like all the other kids in his preschool class were way ahead of him in artistic ability...and probably they still are, but at least he's progressing!


This is a train, on tracks, about to go into a mountain tunnel. You will notice the driver with a hat on, and passengers in the other cars. Love it.



Spencer said that this is a picture of him (on the left), next to mountains and water. Personally, I think his self portrait looks like Tommy from "Rugrats." And again, love it!
Also, while we are on the topic of Spencer, as I often am, I wanted to write down a couple of funny things he's said recently too:
Me: Look at my eyes. What color are they?
Spence: Green, and black. And there's some white with red cracks in it.
_______________________________________
Dave: How goofy is mommy on a scale of 1 - 10?
Spence: 10!!
(we laugh)
Spence: Wait...20!!
If I am a 20, then Dave and Spencer are both at least 40...on the goofy scale. =)
______________________________________
I almost forgot this one...
Spencer: Mom, I'm a pirate on the pirate ship, and you are a princess.
Me: Ooh, a princess! Thanks!
Spencer: No, no, no, wait...you're a woolly mammoth.

6 comments:

Phairforce said...

Too cute!

Melanie Ann Millett said...

Oh that is so hilarious. "No no wait...you are a woolly mammoth." What a hoot!

Amanda Nemelka said...

I have some of those but haven't used them because I thought they'd be hard to clean off. Are they?

The Blaine gang said...

I love it! Keep writing them down. I forget so fast the things my kids say. Deven the other day said, "Mom, where's the baby now?" I said, "in my tummy." Horrified, he replied, "you swallowed it????" Ha ha, I love this fun age! That is until you get two or three boys together and all they do is throw around the toys. Grrrr.... :)

Unknown said...

The crayon thing is so cool! I want them when I take a shower!

Robbins Family said...

I love the wooley mammoth comment. :) And I am totally impressed with the artwork.