
This weekend I was in Time Out, for almost 24 hours. It was AWESOME!!
Hee hee, I went to Time Out For Women in Salt Lake. In case someone out there doesn't know what that is...it's kind of like a little women's conference geared for Latter-Day Saint women, with speakers and music and such. A bunch of sisters in my ward all went together, and since it was Friday night through Saturday afternoon, we all stayed up at my Grandmother's condo together - no kids! It was so much fun! Shout out to Dave for entertaining Spencer all weekend...and for being happy to do so for me =).
Not only was it fun to spend time with some great girls, and eat yummy treats, and laugh a whole lot...but I really felt uplifted and inspired by the messages of the speakers. Why is it so easy for women to get burned out and run down, and forget what's wonderful about their lives? I dont' know, but that's how I had been feeling recently. So this "time out" came at the perfect time. I needed to be reminded why my life is wonderful, inlcuding the challenges; and that even though I have a lot of room to learn and grow, I am capable of doing a great job at my jobs. And most importantly, that I'm not alone, I have a Savior who loves me and who I can rely on for help and support in every moment.
This week I feel energized. I have had a smile on my face, and a bounce in my step. And I'm trying to make some changes in my life to keep this feeling going.
Time Out For Women travels all over the country...I would highly recommend going if it's ever in your area. And I wasn't even paid to say that. =)

4 comments:
Sounds great. I need a Time Out! I'm glad you did this. :)
Yea! I'm so glad you got to go. I've heard those are great. I feel energized just reading your post. :) I love Spencer's "yes-vember" comment. :) I can't wait to see you in a few days!
How wonderful for you! And what a great husband you have! Love ya!
Oh count me in for next year!
Post a Comment