Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sickies

For the last 3 weeks or so, someone in our house has been sick. First Dave, then me, then Spence, then Dave again...and Spence is still sick. It sucks. I don't think it's the swine flu or anything...there's just been slight fevers, some stuffy noses, lots of coughing, and all around feeling yucky.

The worst part is, not only do we feel yucky, but I have been feeling like a failure in my motherly and domestic duties. My house has not been seriously cleaned in like 2 weeks. Dishes and laundry are about all I've done...and Dave is the one who did the laundry. Spencer has watched at least 4 hours of tv everyday, or more. While I was sick (for over a week), I would fall asleep on the couch like twice a day, while Spencer runs amuck...or watches more tv. Plus, no one wants to be around a sickie, so we have been couped up for most of that time, and last week the weather was gorgeous! And we had to miss it. Ugh. Yes, I'm complaining! I hate cold and flu season...

On a lighter note...

Spencer is loving preschool (except that this week he can't go...), and they learn about the different months of the year. Last week he came home and said, "Mom, it's November!" And I said, "Wow, you're right, it is November!" and he said, "When is it gonna be Yes-vember?"

Also, a few weeks ago we were at a restaurant for lunch. Spencer's food came first, and for some reason Dave and I started picking at it like vultures before he could get to it. Spencer said "Hey guys! Why are you so hungry that you have to eat MY food?!" We laughed and laughed.

5 comments:

Stacy Henrie said...

Tell yourself it's okay. So what if the house is messy for a while or there's too much tv watching? Spencer won't even remember. And if you've had to let things go, it just makes it all the sweeter when you can actually do the stuff you want and need to again! Until you need another break - imposed or not. :)

Jessie said...

Eww, sickies. No fun.

And we watch too much tv even when we're healthy--I think you're doing a great job.

Phairforce said...

Your boy is so dang cute! "Yes-vember" I love it! Sorry that you're not feel good though!!!!

Middletonfamily said...

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. Hope you get better soon! Lets take the boys to the dollar theatre when you are feeling better!

Jill And Thain said...

man, sounds like us! I got something weird last thursday too...no idea if regular or swine flu or what and then Rilan's been having a cough so yeah our house is a mess too!! We are conected, .......even if by sickness! :)>.
love ya...hope your feeling better soon.