Monday, October 19, 2009

Thanks Dad...

Last week, Spencer woke up from a nap (which are very few and far between these days), and he was VERY cranky! After a half hour of clingy crying and/or whining, I had a brain wave. I remembered something my dad would do to me and my siblings to turn a bad mood around, that usually worked...I told Spencer, "Don't smile, and don't you laugh!" And instantly he was laughing. A few minutes of this and we were both laughing, he was all cheered up, and he was on his merry little way. We have used it a number of times since, and it's still working to turn his frown upside down. I hope we can keep this magic "switch" for a while!

This is an example of just one of the MANY MANY things I can thank my dad for. He's pretty aweome...and wise too =).

4 comments:

Catherine Hess said...

I'll definitely be trying this technique out on Peter. He's usually a great kid and very sweet, but sometimes...watch out! Hopefully it works on the terrible two's.

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Your Dad is a great guy! He is always so thoughtful and kind. I bet that is why all his kids turned out so sweet too. :)

Robbins Family said...

Hooray for dad. :) I love him too. (And we've used this trick a few times ourselves. :))

Jill And Thain said...

I agree that he's a great guy and that he has great kids too! I loved your facebook pictures of snowwhite also, you look very beautifull and your little pirate looks very cool and cute! Though what is snowwhite doing with a pirate? :). Loved hanging out the other day and that picture of me on summer's blog is not hilarious, it's scary. Lets get together again soon!