Especially when they are sick for their first one!
I now have a four year old. So weird.
For Spencer's actual birthday, we decided to take a ride on the Heber Creeper, which is a local train that does tourist rides. Spencer LOVES trains, and so we thought this would be a fun birthday activity...and it was...after Spencer stopped covering his ears for the first half hour, because the train whistle was "so loud." After the train, the plan was to go to Park City for the night...maybe do the Alpine slide, swim at the hotel...all that good stuff. But as soon as we got to Park City, Spence threw up in the car, twice. So we decided to go home, where he threw up again =(. Poor kid! How sad to be sick on your birthday!
The next weekend, we had a birthday party with some family and friends at a new themed pizza place in town called Pirate Island Pizza. It was LOTS of fun, and Pirate Island did not disappoint- 24 inch pizzas, a huge pirate ship, games and prizes, and a very impressive Jack Sparrow who came and gave Spencer a pirate sword. There would be no throwing up for this party...thankfully. Since Pirate Island, Spencer has had a new interest in pirates. He dons his new paper pirate hat and sword from the restaurant, and says "arrg matey!" and "aye, aye, captain!" We were trying to think of a pirate name for him. I came up with "Captain NoBeard," but he wanted something different. As I was thinking, I said "Hmmm, Captain..." to which he finished with "weird!" So "Captain Weird" it is.
Also this weekend was the BYU (#20) vs Oklahoma (#3) game, which BYU WON by some act of God! It was awesome, and amazing, and historical, and a great way to end a fun birthday weekend! GOOOO Cougars!!!
Athen 10th Birthday
8 years ago







5 comments:
Poor Spence, being sick on his real birthday!! I'm glad we made up for it at Pirate Island!! SO fun! Thanks for inviting us!!! WEl sure love you!!!!
Captain Weird- that's hilarious. :) How fun all the birthday events sound like they'd be really fun even for my birthday.
He's so cute! That pirate pizza place sounds so fun! And you look great! I love your red and black outfit!
That Pirate Island Pizza looks way fun. And I can't believe you gave birth w/o your hubby. What a brave woman!! But I always say delivering babies a little early (not too early) is nicer than going past the due date if you know what I mean...wink, wink. :-)
The Heber Creeper! What a great idea - I'll have to take Peter on it sometime.
Spencer is the cutest little 4 year old! And you seem way too young to have a four yr. old by the way.
Post a Comment