Thursday, August 27, 2009

4 years ago tonight...

Four years ago tonight, I was 2 days shy of my 33rd week of pregnancy. Dave was in Texas on a business trip. I managed a student apartment complex and had been running around all day doing clean checks. I decided to treat myself to a cheeseburger, fries, and peanut butter cup milkshake from the Malt Shop, which I brought home and devoured in front of the TV. When I was finished with my meal, I stood up, and my water broke. I called Dave, and then the doctor, who told me to get to the hospital right away. So I drove MYSELF to the hospital (it was only 3 blocks away, ha ha), and soon enough my sister-in-law and my best friend joined me. Twelve hours later my adorable and impatient Spencer was born. He was 4lbs 13oz, and screamed as soon as he was born - best sound in the world. Dave got to hear everything on his cell phone as he waited for his plane to take off to come back to Utah. (He thought about chartering a jet, but the doctors kept saying that I may not give birth for a couple more days...they had no idea.) It was quite an entrance into the world, but then again, Spencer is quite the little boy. I cannot believe that was 4 years ago.

I don't have a picture to share yet. We didn't have a digital camera at that time, and we don't have a scanner now...so as soon as I can find a scanner to use, I'll post some pics of Spencer's day of birth =). But I thought tonight was an appropriate night to at least share the story...

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe he's 4!!! And I can't believe that happened 4 years ago. (I know they kind of go together, but still.)

Jessie said...

Happy birthday, Spencer! You are so brave to do it husbandless... not that you had a choice or anything, but still... good work you!

We have a scanner you can use anytime, just come on over.

Amanda said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years. Only 4 years. It seems like it was FOREVER ago,..(no offence) I only say that now because I was single then and now I am married AND have 2 kids,.. on who is obsessed with Spence and one who Spence is obsessed with,.. Aaaahhh,.. I love life!! What a sweet boy Spencer is!!

Anica said...

How did I not wish you a happy birthday? 31? You really don't look a day over 22...or maybe that's because you look exactly the same when we were roommates! :) Oh yeah, that's right, Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one. That's so cool your son's birthday is close to yours. I love reading these stories that I didn't know about...getting to catch up. I hope he has a great birthday too!

Anica said...

Thanks for your sweet comments too! :)

Jill And Thain said...

Happy Birthday to Spencer! Give him a big happy birthday from us! That is quite the story, very scary...so glad it turned out so beutifully! :).