I am officially 31, and have been for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure 31 is the new 30...cause I still only feel 30 =). Anyway, for a while now I have been wanting to try this fondue restaurant in Salt Lake called The Melting Pot, so we decided to go for my birthday with my sis-in-law and her family. It was very fun, different, and yummy. The best part, as always, was dessert! But it was a 4 course meal (we were there for 3 hours!) - staring with a cheese fondue for breads and veggies, salad (non fondue), a broth fondue to cook all types of meat, and then a chocolate fondue to dip strawberries, brownies, poundcake, cheesecake, marshmellows, and bananas. Yeah, it was awesome. Then, at 10pm, we went and saw a movie, as we thought Spencer would fall asleep. We saw The Proposal, which was very funny. And yes, Spencer stayed up for the whole thing!
I also got a very cool, and somewhat dangerous, gift from Dave...a whole set of Cutco knives! I am really that boring now. No, but they are awesome, and I love them (besided the fact that I cut myself almost everyday...).
Cute family photo on my b-day. Spencer's actually smiling - ish!
My twinner sister-in-law, Amanda. Among other things, we share a name and fashion sense. We are wearing the same skirt to my b-day dinner =). Love that girl!To change the subject COMPLETEY here...Spencer has recently given us a couple of great photo ops with some silly sleeping arrangements...
We had come home from playing at a splash park, and I go in to the office to write a few e-mails. No more than 5 min later, I realize it is very quiet in the living room, so I walk out to see him like this. What a cutie.


11 comments:
Those pictures of Spencer are hilarious. The Melting Pot sounds really yummy. And you look really cute in your birthday pictures.
Melting Pot + dessert = THE BEST OUT THERE! What a fun bday night! And knives are anything BUT boring. I'm trying to convince Drew that he wants to get me some for Christmas.
Can't wait to see you guys and big, grown-up Spencer!
The pictures of Spencer are soo funny, especially when you consider how clever kids can be...you know, sleeping in the most comfortable position and all. Heh, heh!
Happy Birthday too. That Melting Pot sounds dangerous... but in a really good way. :-) We have one out in our area but we've never been. It made hungry just seeing the pictures.
AAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Umm,.. i love spencer's poop sleeping position. I'm sorry, but you are raising Dave Jr. Spencer is too smart for his own good!! Melting pot was SUPER fun, next time, no kids, and I think I will just order dessert for all 4 courses!! ;) Happy birthday again twinner!
i love it how cute. glad you had a good birthday too it sounds like it was yummy and fun. i still want to take you to lunch too :)
We had fondue the other night with some people in our ward - and yeah, so yummy! Loved the story/photo with Spence sleeping over the chair arm. Did you like the splash park?
so I am probably stating the obivous here, but I love how spencer's nose is buried in the chair, because it probably didn't smell too pretty in his room. smart kid.(p.s. happy birthday and take me to that restaurant next time we come to utah!!!)
Melting Pot is like the absolute best--Kelly and I LOVE it. Not that we can afford to go very often...
Love the pics of Spencer--made me LOL.
I love the story about Spencer pooping. Kids are too funny. Glad you had a great b-day.
Post a Comment