Monday, July 27, 2009

Deep Thoughts



"To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And, at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some things I can't remember, all rolled into one big "thing." This is truth, to me."


"Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful."


"Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?"


"If you ever discover that what you're seeing is a play within a play, just slow down, take a deep breath, and hold on for the ride of your life."


By Jack Handey

5 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks so much for posting those. It's always good for a laugh for me. In fact, my afternoon is looking brighter already!

Mary Ann said...

These are funny. And I like your background.

Amber said...

"I wish I had a dollar for every dollor I spent because then Yahoo, I'd have all my money back" Jack Handey
Always a favorite.

Mason & Laura said...

hahahah soo many memories! (and i love your background too!!)

Catherine Hess said...

oh how i love jack handy! what a silly man. i'm glad you posted those quotes! i had a good laugh.