Dave barely even reads "our" blog, let alone writes a post...so it is up to me to blog about his trip to Alaska =). He and 2 friends from high school, John and Andy, and Andy's father-in-law, spent a whole week together in Alaska. They rented an RV and and went fishing, kayaking, more fishing, and sight seeing. They even saw Sarah Palin's house! Wow.
Now, if you know Dave at all, taking a whole week off of work is UNHEARD of. Seriously, even for Christmas or family vacations, it's 2 or 3 days tops. Plus, he didn't even take his laptop..."NO FLIPPING WAY!", one might say. So I am really glad he did this. He got to spend time with his friends, and do something very manly...something that I may not have enjoyed quite so much. He had a blast and was so happy he went, and he came back with around 50 lbs of fish - salmon, halibut, and cod. I have already had some of the halibut and salmon and they were SO good (and I'm not a huge fish person). Anyway, here are a bunch of pics (a couple of which I stole from John - so thank you, John)...

The whole crew.

My husband is handsome...

BEAUTIFUL...most of what he said when he got back had to do with how beautiful it was there, everywhere.

Fish...gross..

Dave and John in a Kayak. I'm pretty sure this is on the Kenai river.

This is what it looks like outside at 3am. Weird.

I guess in Alaska the cool thing is to ride in a stretch minivan limo...we are really missing out down here. Actually, I'm surprised that's an Alaska thing and not a Utah thing!

I'm pretty sure this is a Grizzly bear with her cubs...(I mean, I know it's a bear with cubs, but I think it's a Grizzly). My biggest fear for Dave on this trip was that he'd get attacked by a bear.

So pretty.

Aww...best friends
5 comments:
Those pictures are really pretty. It looks like a lot of fun. You even liked the salmon? Way to go!
I can't believe he didn't even take his laptop... even Cory gasped out a "wow" when I told him... I can't imagine Cory taking that kind of time off. Good for Dave. Everyone needs a break sometimes.
Looks like a great trip, and definitely very pretty--who knew?
(snicker)... nice leggings under your shorts, Dave. ;)
3 am looks like 3 pm (i know, i know--duh!) That sounds like a great trip, and I'm glad he took it so you could come to Oregon!!! Beautiful pictures, it almost makes Alaska look enticing to me!:)
I want to go to here.
Post a Comment