Sunday, February 1, 2009

Movie Nostalgia

The following is a list of favorite movies from my adolescence. I loved them and watched them over and over again, in the way that teenage girls often do. They were the entertainment for many a slumber party. Their love stories a frequent topic of gushy girl talk. Their fashion was the subject of much...well, usually ridicule...but teenage girls love to ridicule! They played an integral role in shaping the person I am today. Ok, it's not that deep...but seriously, what fun, fond memories I have of these movies, and I still continue to enjoy their simple and carefree entertainment. Ahh, how lucky I am to have grown up in the 80's and 90's!

What were some of your favorite movies as a youth?

(ps, sorry the pics are so small...that's the best I could do!)

"The Princess Bride" - I'm mormon, aren't I? Side note - I did not realize this movie was a comedy until I was in college.


"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" - Need I say more?

"Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" - It sounds morbid, but such a great movie. I doubt it did very well in the theaters, but it's a classic in my book.


"The Cutting Edge" - Spoiled figure skater + rough around the edges hockey player = awesome.


"Overboard" - I watched this movie for about 2 weeks straight one summer vacation at my Grandma's house in Idaho. I love Goldie Hawn.


"Troop Beverly Hills" - A favorite of the Webb sisters. Such a great underdog story.


"Mannequin" - So 80's, so great.

"Some Kind of Wonderful" - Miss Amanda Jones. Populars vs. Nerds. Realizing the one you secretly love, loves you in return...EEEEEEEKKK!! (that was a squeal of excitment)

8 comments:

Anica said...

I never knew that we had so much in common! hehe!!

DC Diva said...

Great list. My sisters and I LOVE Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Loved loved loved The Princess Bride. "As you Wish!" I also loved Fried Green Tomatoes. Super fun post.

Melody said...

Great memories. I think I would also add "Say Anything." Maybe "grease" too, until I actually understood it all.

Melissa said...

I love Mannequin! That is one of my favorites. I do remember watching wild hearts, but I can't remember what it is about.

Kara said...

Awesome list. Way to throwback to the 80/90's. Mannequin is a forgotten fave. All time favorite 80's movie, hands down- Goonies. Not even a matter of debate.

Middletonfamily said...

Some of those movies are favs for me too! It was fun hanging out on Wed thanks for having us over!
Love your blog! You guys are a cute family! I am going to add you to our friends list right now!

Jill And Thain said...

Yeay those are all some of my favorites too. I just don't get into movies like I used too. Those were fun and I love wild hearts too. We should all have another girl sleepover one of these days and watch all the oldies :) and play what if..he he.