Sunday, January 18, 2009

3 Year Olds' Law


Whatever toy(s) a parent is trying to put away is the toy that suddenly must be played with.

Whatever toy the friend is playing with is the toy that suddenly must be played with.

Doors must always be closed loudly.

Toppings on pizza are disgusting (ie, cheese, pepperioni, olives…), but the 2 month old chip from under the couch is delicious.

When taking turns, count to 10 or 20 for each turn.

A funny face is a fundamental part of every picture.

Doritos are a successful bribe in most every situation. They work particularly well for getting a 3 year old to sit in a shopping cart at the grocery store.

If a parent asks a 3 year old to say or do something cute to show off for someone else, the 3 year old is suddenly shy, or says or does something completely different than what was asked.

A parent’s bad habits will be copied immediately, but good habits take quite a bit of time and coercion to pass on.

Snow is to be thrown and stomped in and eaten at every opportunity.

At the end of the day....
Goodnight kisses are required, and given freely in return.



6 comments:

Anica said...

That was perfect! We have to use jelly beans as a bribe for some of our requests.

Amanda said...

OH my goodness,.. it is all so very true!! I love it!! Spencie,. you are all boy,.. and I LOVE it!!

Mary Ann said...

We know all about the doors closing loudly. And I love the 2 month old chip comment. They were all really funny, but these two were my favorite. :)

S said...

So funny! And they are true for an almost two year old too! :)

Kara said...

I love it. I LOVE IT! Truly. What a great mom you are.

Melody said...

Very funny. I want to copy it and hang it on my wall.