
Shopping and Christmas are two of my very favorite things. So when you put those two together, I am in my element and on cloud nine! I love trying to pick out great gifts for my family and friends while still staying within my budget. One year I got everything done in a matter of hours! I enjoy buying gifts for other people at least as much as I enjoy buying things for myself, so shopping is a win/win situation all around.
Not this year, however. Last week I did most (still not quite finished) of my Christmas shopping in two days, and I just did not enjoy it! It was crowded, I had a headache, and kept feeling anxious and irritated. (Is this how men feel at the mall?) I realized I had not made a plan beforehand. I did not have any gift ideas in mind, and I just wandered around the mall aimlessly, trying to figure it all out on the spot. Ok, it could've been worse - Dave did have Spencer for the afternoon, so that was a huge help - shopping and 3 year olds not not mix. Anyway, when I got home I was exhausted phsyically, mentally, and a little bit emotionally...what trials, I know. I guess I re-learned an important lesson though - planning. Yep, you gotta have some idea of what you'd like to get for people before you head to the store. At least I do.
Thankfully, I did end up with some pretty cool stuff. Stuff that I am excited to see opened up on Christmas morning. That's the other great part about Christmas, the anticipation of loved ones opening gifts you've given, and hoping that it turns out to be something they never knew they always wanted.
So good luck out there fellow shoppers! Nine days left!

2 comments:
9 days??? That's it!?????? AGHHHHHHHH!!!!
Yeah I've had those trips :). Last minute christmas shopping is just hard because there's crowds and craziness I like to start a whole year ahead and just buy as I go :). Thanks for your comment on our family blog too :) Yeah it's exciting! Can't wait to see you friday!
Post a Comment