He draws or paints almost everyday, and I have just been so impressed with his artwork, and maybe more impressed by the things he is learning. His teacher tells me that he is doing great and that he catches on so quickly! Yes, I am a proud mom, and Dave is certainly a proud dad.
Here are some of my favorite pictures he has brought home:
They learned a lot about spiders, and since then, whenever he sees a spider he says "Look mom! An arachnid!"
The Solar System. I guess Pluto isn't a planet anymore? Seriously, evidently it's considered a "planetoid" now. 
This month they have been learning Christmas songs for their Christmas program. I am not kidding when I say that I have been waiting for this Christmas program since this kid was born! I am SO excited!!! He comes home singing and humming Christmas songs, and I love it. I even turned on the Christmas music station on the radio today...which is unlike me, because I usually wait until at least after Thanksgiving =).
Random Story I have to share:
On a completely different subject...A couple of weeks ago, Dave decided not to eat meat for a few weeks. Honestly, I'm not totally sure why. I think it's mostly an experiement. Who knows with that guy? Anyway, Dave explained to Spencer that he's trying not to eat meat for a while, because he feels like he eats too much meat. A few days ago, we were at Barnes and Noble, and we got some hot chocolate. I asked Spencer if he wanted his own, or if he was okay sharing with us. He said, "Hmmm, I think I'm trying to not drink hot chocolate for a while. So I won't have any now. I've had too much hot chocolate." (Uh, he hasn't had hot chocolate since probably last winter!)




9 comments:
WHAT A KOOK! I Love that kid,.. and his daddy! What a cutie, seriously.
What fun! Tell me about this pre-kindergarten. Is it through the school district, or done privately?
Those really a really good pictures! My mom kept my brother home from kindergarten for a year when he was five and his birthday is August 5th! She has always been very happy with her decision.
are not a
So hilarious! And that really is the cutest school picture!
I am way impressed with his pictures!! I LOVE the cowboy one, and the food groups! What a silly kid to give up hot chocolate ... can't wait to see you guys for the holidays!! :)
First of all, I love that school picture of him, he looks REALLY cute. Second, I am way impressed with his drawings/paintings too- way to go Spencer. And third, that's a pretty funny story about the hot chocolate. :)
Gotta love the way kids think and copy what we do!! How funny! Cute cute. Happy Thanksgiving!!
I am finally catching up on your blog, which apparently I should have done before I saw you b/c Harley, too, randomly just gave up meat! But only on week days. How did we not all bond about this?!?!?!
That is a GREAT school picture. You should be proud... that artwork is awesome!
Post a Comment