Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We love each other

There are other things I've been meaning to blog about...but I had to share a couple of cute conversations I've had with Spencer from the last couple of days...

This is actually a conversation we have a lot lately - I tell him how much I love him, he tells me how much he loves me (ie, I love you so, so, so, big, fat much! etc). And then I say, "We love each other, huh?" And Spencer says, "Yeah, we love each other...And, we love ourselves." Aww...good lesson to learn early on!

Yesterday I told Spencer that my birthday is this week (well, today to be exact), and he said, "Oh, what should I get you for your birthday? Do you want a sharp knife?" Me: "Uhh...maybe not...?" Spencer: "Do you want a gum box?" Me: "Ok, sure...?" Hey, at least he's thinking about it!

Oh, one more conversation, this one is between Spencer and Dave...They were at the water park together, and Spencer asks "Daddy, why do you have hair all stuck on you?" Dave: "When you're older you'll have hair stuck on you too." Spencer: (Excitedly) "Oooh, really?!" First he seemed a little disturbed by the hair, and then so quickly was excited at the prospect of having some of his own someday =).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So cute. I love that Spencer even was able to find any body hair on Dave. Shocked really. Us hairless folk. Love you too! Happy Birfday!

Jessie said...

I think Spencer was thinking about your gift of knives last year. Funny that he remembers, though. :) I would prefer my kids to give me a gum box, though.

Happy birthday, my friend!

Robbins Family said...

Those are really funny. I love the sharp knife. And I love his excitement about the hair. :)

Happy Birthday!