My reaction to the upcoming President can be easily summed up in one Deep Thought (by Jack Handey - hey, I don't want to plagiarize):
"Sometimes I think the world has gone comletely mad. And then I think, 'Aw, who cares?' And then I think, 'Hey, what's for supper?' "
I am not thrilled with America's choice. I do not agree with most of Obama's political ideas, but I do realize that Obama has some good qualities - he is smart, charismatic, an amazing public speaker...But I just absolutely do not think these things qualify a person for the job of President. I'm afraid that voters have chosen style over substance.
I'm uncertain about what the next four years will bring, but here's to hoping most of his ideas just stay that way - as ideas and not policies. Plus, I'm sure it will go by fast, so I cannot dwell on it...I still have to figure out the answer to the everlasing question of "what's for supper?"
Athen 10th Birthday
8 years ago

6 comments:
Kudos
I've had mixed feelings also. I just keep reminding myself to focus on my family and make sure all is right in our home, like your lesson(I think my nose is brown)put God first!!!
I need to get your email address so that I can add you to few my blog. Will you just send me an email?
tlsandgren@yahoo.com
So true. Amen to that and to Jack.
I agree completely. I think it is a great moment in history and exciting that a black president has been elected...but I think people got caught up in that aspect w/o really listening to his politics. oh well.
Peace is overrated. I agree with Jack.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without
hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd
never expect it.
amen sister....what's for dinner? :). Yeah I've goten myself in trouble with saying too much about politics this year, and I'm really happy too that it is a big day for the african americans and people aren't as prejudiced or hateful as they have been in the past but yeah I don't understand that Obama with his little experience and radical left wing ideas and too much idealism to be realistic sometimes I think, got elected but I just hope he does a good job as president and you can only do what you can do or worry so much about things you can't control! :). Can't wait to hang out with you soon...I've been enjoying your blog a lot though I don't comment much :)
Post a Comment