I recently re-discovered a couple of "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy books that I own and enjoy immensely. So I have decided to share a "Deep Thought" or two on occasion on the blog. I hope those who read them get as much of a kick out of them as I do =).
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think 'Aw, who cares?' And then I think, 'Hey, what's for supper?"
"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."
"Here's a good tip for when you go to the beach: a sand dollar may look like a nice cracker that someone left, but trust me, they don't taste like it."
Oh, I love these - I had a hard time just picking 3 for now! My sisters and I (and roommates at Ricks too) used to stay up late and read these and just laugh and laugh. Good times...
Athen 10th Birthday
8 years ago

6 comments:
I LOVE DEEP THOUGHTS! Thanks for posting that, Amanda. It reminded me of the good ol' days. I look forward to reading more on your blog.
& stuff & stuff
Deep thoughts are the best! My favorite one goes something like this: "The saddest thing to see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy....give it up little guy"
Oh my goodness- flashback to college days. My roommates and I would do the same thing on late nights in our dormrooms. Classic.
I would like to personally thank the Webb family for introducing Jack Handy to me at Ricks. What memories I have of deep thoughts! Thank you guys....Amanda, Mary, and Laura...you kept me sane when I needed it most. :o)
Love the deep thoughts!! I am going to steal yours and post them on my blog!! haha
Post a Comment