Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mawage. Mawage is what bwings us togethah today...

It's not our anniversary or anything, but I just wanted to post a couple of recent pictures of Dave and I. Usually our pictures are of one of us with Spencer, or all 3 of us, which I love, but I think it's nice to be just the 2 of us sometimes too =). These are pictures from a temple trip we took last month with all of the Utah Bateman's. It was such a wonderful evening.


Dave and I have now been married for 7 years! That sounds like such a big number sometimes. Things have changed a little bit since we first got married - we're both a little chubbier, we have a kid, I don't get my feelings hurt when Dave can't hear me while he's typing on the computer...But mostly things are the same - we love to laugh, we have so much fun together, we agree on the important things, and agree to disagree on the not so important ones.


People tell me, and sometimes I agree, that I may be the only woman on earth that could stay married to Dave. He does have some obvious frustrating qualities - crazy work hours, doesn't like to plan, likes to annoy me on purpose, made me live in India...But I also often feel like he's the only one who would put up with me. I'm just better at hiding my frustrating qualities, I think (notice how I'm not mentioning what they are? Hee hee). Good thing that one of my good qualities is patience though, right?! But even with the imperfections, Dave is a kind, loving, and generous husband and father. He is fearless and has integrity, and he works hard to make us happy, and to do good in the world. Plus, he's hilarious. So I actually think I'm pretty darn lucky. We are so different, but thankfully we try to make our differences work to our advantage. So far, so good.

Dave's effeminate model face, and my silly face.


Aww, cute couple! (Sometime I'll put a picture on here of our wedding, so those of you who weren't there can see how skinny we once were!)






5 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

Those picture are very cute (especially the effeminate one of dave...hahah!) You two do make a cute couple, and I don't think you are too odd to have so many differences. Mason and I are definitely opposite of each other in most things, but I think it balances things out and can bring out the best in one another. Way to go for 7 years! (that does seem like a long time, but one day when we're married 30, or 50!, we'll laugh that 7 seemed so long!)

Amanda said...

You two are just so cute or something! Jay Kay! I love the title of this post! Props yo!

Natalie said...

I think you guys do look skinny! What cute pictures and I like your blog background too.

Jill And Thain said...

Yeah I don't think either of you look all that chubby! :)>. Congrats on 7 years! That's awesome! yeah some differences deffinetly bring challenges, I know from personal experiences :). but also they can balance you out well and make it so you compliment each other. Any good marriage takes some work for sure and has some hard times and kinks to work out but can be so good and fulfilling too! Congrats on making it so far and so good so far :)!

Mary Ann said...

I like your comments here. :)