Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What about Spence?

I wanted to give a little (haha, just joking, it's big) update about what Spence has been up to! He's a busy guy these days...

At the end of August my boy turned 6! This kid is just growing up fast! His birthday was on a Sunday, so we had a fun family dinner, and then cake and ice cream with some friends and neighbors.


Also, at the end of August, Spencer started Kindergarten! He is loving it, and I am loving that the school is 2 blocks away, and that we get to carpool with some other moms in the neighborhood. I have been working in his class this month, and have been very pleased to find that Spencer is not the squirrely-est kid in class! You wouldn't know it from the above picture, but he is on task, he follows directions, he works hard, and has lots of friends.


This fall was Spencer's first season of outdoor soccer! (He's done 1 season of indoor soccer.) His team was not the most winning team you ever saw (I think they won once, maybe twice), but they were cute, and improved a ton over the 6 week, or so, season. It was fun to watch him play, and improve. Dave helped coach the team during some games, and he loved that too. That's Spencer with the ball above!


Speaking of improvement, Spencer has also been taking swim lessons for the last few months. I love his teacher! She is wonderful, and has helped Spencer, not only start to swim, but also to have the confidence to try new things - in and out of the water. It has been amazing to watch his transformation - wanting to just play on the steps for most of the summer, to swimming by himself in the deep end!


Cool lego helicopter, built all by himself.


Loving and being so sweet with his little sister.


This kid LOVES superheros! Here is his superhero wardrobe displayed nice and neatly. He'll put all of this stuff out, and then just sit and admire it. Oh, don't worry, he'll put those costumes on and fight crime too. I feel pretty safe around here.


Wolverine.
(Chopsticks as blades. Seriously, some of the best toys are the cheapest.)


Cornbelly's was a blast!
(Except for the scary maze Dave took Spence through...he did not enjoy that one bit. On the way home he said, "I'm never going there again." And later, "I hate halloween." He forgot about the scary maze once the trick or treating part of halloween started.)


Had to sneak in a picture of the cutest little bundle of joy. =)


GO COUGARS!!


All of the goings on sure make for one tired kid. He does have a bed...but the window bench and a body pillow are comfy too =).


Finally, here are a couple of cute videos. The first is of Spence riding his bike without training wheels, and the second is of Spencer tickling Kinsey - it is seriously the cutest thing! If you are going to pick one video to watch, pick the 2nd. But both are short, and awesome.



6 comments:

Jessie said...

I loved this update. :) I can't believe how BIG Kinsey is! I know, this update was about Spence, but still. It's killing me to see her grow up so fast without ever being around. I love the videos, too--good for Spencer, learning how to ride a bike without training wheels! Breanne asked me to take hers off yesterday, but I told her that was a dad's job, not mine. How are they possibly so big?

Melanie Ann Millett said...

I loved this update, too. Those pics are all so cute, too. I have some videos of Angela making Timothy laugh like that, too. Geez too too too. She doesn't even have to try sometimes, though, because he just thinks anything she does is the most hilarious thing in the world.

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

You have the cutest family!!
Such cute pictures and loved the videos! :)

DC Diva said...

He's getting so big! Love those two videos. Is there anything better than hearing one child make your other child laugh? I love it! BTW, Anderson sets out his clothes like people too -- so great. Love Dave's "occupy" costume -- that is classic. And I'm impressed w/ your Halloween crafts!

Sherry said...

I can't believe he is six, considering he was just a baby when I first met you!

Anonymous said...

免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天 , 免费聊天