Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Happy Halloween and a Haircut

Halloween 2011 was a blast!





In the morning, Kinsey and I went to Spencer's school to see the costume parade. There was lots of fun, cute, and creative costumes. Spencer got a Thor costume for his birthday, and was proud to show it off for Halloween. When he saw me at the parade, he excitedly pointed me out to his friends, "Look, that's my mom!" So sweet. Being excited to show me off to his friends sure isn't gonna last forever, so I gotta soak it up!





Cutest. Ladybug. EVER.

I saw this costume back in August (which is, I'm sure, when it was at it's most expensive), and I had to have it! So glad I got it.




The Trick or Treaters. Uncle Peter (a guy with a moustache?), Chloe (the wicked witch), Spencer, Bailey (a spider), Dave (a wall street occupier. His sign says "End Capitalism and corporate greed. Oh, and gimme your house!"). They had lots of fun and got lots of candy! The weather was pretty good, but Kinsey still came back with hands and feet like little ice cubes. Dave said she didn't make a peep the whole time, but just enjoyed being part of the excitement. My sis-in-law, Amanda, and I enjoyed staying warm, chatting, and passing out candy. I didn't dress up, cause I'm a slacker. But I did make some good wassail (thanks to Jessie's recipe!), so I felt a little accomplished =).



Also, here is a cute video that wouldn't download all day. But it's proof that you don't need to open a piece of candy to enjoy it!







Also, this weekend, I got a haircut! Like a big one. This may be the shortest I've ever had my hair! I'm still getting used to it, but I like it!



Sadly, I don't know how to take a picture of myself without it ending up looking creepy. Oh well! (Speaking of creepy, did you see Dave in the pic above? So nevermind, my pics are fine.)











































2 comments:

Jessie said...

That is truly the cutest ladybug I've ever seen. SO cute. I love the video, too.

I love the anecdote about Spencer at school. So glad he isn't too tough to love you yet. I feel the same about Breanne blowing me kisses and flashing me "I love you" hand signals. Little kids are the best. :)

And I LOVE your hair! Way to be brave--seriously, it's such a good cut on you! I totally feel for you on the taking pics of yourself thing. Ugh. Yours aren't bad, though, promise. :) Great hair balances everything out.

Holly Decker said...

i want to eat your daughter. OH MY GOSH is she cute.
and your hair? love love love.