
(I'm not sure why, I just thought this picture, that Spencer took of himself, worked here.)
Anyway, Spencer is obsessed with it, and talks about "the S word" all the time. Luckily he has learned to say "the S word" instead of the actual word. He hears it EVERY time it is said - on tv, by his friends, by other adults, by me or Dave, and he does not hesitate to put you in your place if he hears it come out of your mouth. (Sigh =).) He asks me on a daily basis, "who is the S word?" To which I reply, "No one is...we need to talk nice about everyone." One day he said to me, "Mom, you are not the S word." To which I thanked him...ahh, what a compliment. One day I thought I heard him say, under his breath, "I like the S word." And I was like, "what did you just say? Did you say you like the S word?" And he quickly and enthusiastically replied, "Yes, I love it!" It totally made me laugh...but, what a weirdo.
Other recent Spencer funnies:
We were at my parents house last month, and some of my brother's friends came over. He was introducing us to them, and about me he said, "This is Amanda, she's the oldest." (Cause I'm the oldest sibling, ya know.) Spencer heard this and shot his head around to me all shocked and asked, "Are you the oldest?" And I said, "Yes." And he turned back around and said, "I want a new mom." Sheesh, thanks! I told him later that he is the oldest cousin (on my side of the family), and at first he was disappointed to hear that...but then we decided that we are both "oldests," and that's kinda cool.
One day we were at the grocery store, and he kept asking me if things were "Trisha's." I was very confused, but finally realized he was asking if the items were "nutritious." Ohhh! And then he was asking what foods were "old-tritious"...as in oldtritious must be the opposite of nutritious. Again, the old and new thing keeps coming up =).
This is a conversation we had last week:
me - do you know what I love?
spence - what?
me - you!
spence - do you know what I love?
me- what?
spence - you!
spence - do you know what you love?
me - what?
spence - me. with carrots.
He did not have any carrots, which made this very random, but carrots are nutritious!

6 comments:
Ahhhh, I am totally laughing! These are ALL so cute and HILARIOUS! I'm so glad you posted, what a funny kid!
Oh man,.. what a hilarious kid! I want to eat him!
Love it! And when you read these things with Spencer's cute voice in your head it makes them that much better!
What a little character. I love the funny stuff these kids say and do. :) Just keepin' it real.
haha Ellie totally does that too! I keep trying to tell Ellie that we don't call people stupid but sometimes when we get frustrated we call things stupid...so if she gets frustrated when putting on her shoes she can say "Stupid shoes!" It's silly! But probably a million times a day she says things like: "Mom, we don't say stupid, right?" or "Mom, we don't say Oh my G-O, right?" haha she cracks me up!
That's all really funny. :) I love that he whispered under his breath "I like the 's' word". And I'd forgotten about the "I want a new mom" comment- that was so funny. I also like the new trisha's and the old- tritious. Very funny. :)
Post a Comment