For some reason I feel like I should explain myself, or at least acknowledge the fact that I haven't blogged in like 6 weeks. Basically, I have just been lazy, blogging lazy. Yeah, no good reason here =). But there you have it. At least I realize it and can admit it.
Ok, now on to the good stuff. Spencer finished his first year of pre-school! He LOVED it! He went to a preschool that was part of a gymnastics facility, so not only did he learn his ABC's and 123's, but he learned some gymnastics and got some fun play time.
The kids put on a little graduation presentation with some songs and a gymnastics routine. It was the BEST thing ever!! (Mom's understand.) My sister, Alaina, happened to be there with us, and she told our mom that Dave and I sat on the edge of our seats, beaming, the whole time. And we were! I also was tearing up pretty much the whole time too. I was just so proud! The teacher gave them each a medal and flower lai, and said nice things about each kid. She said that Spencer was such a kind and polite boy, who always waited his turn. Awww!
Here are some pictures, and links for videos...

Spencer and his friend, Breanne, who happens to live across the street. Such cute little preschoolers!



This one is his favorite song. It's long, but he's so cute, and the squirrely kid next to him is also entertaining.
This is his gymnastics performance. He was one of the only kids who did the balance beam without help. (video is pretty short)
This is the teacher's comments about him. (also pretty short)
____________________________________________
The afternoon after Spencer's "graduation," Alaina, Spencer, and I hopped in the car and drove to California for this dude's high school graduation:
My awesome "little" brother, Kyle, is off to BYU-I in the fall. He is the last of the Webb children to be out of the house, and my parents will now be empty nesters! WEIRD. As if I wasn't already feeling old. Kyle will be off on his mission sometime next winter. Again, WEIRD.We had a BLAST in California! All of my sisters were there with their kids. None of the husbands came, cause they all had to work and stuff. But they were missed =). Spencer was in cousin heaven, and I barley saw him while we were there as he was playing all day.
It rained the entire day of the graduation...except for the 2 hours of the actual ceremony. Pretty lucky. Also, at the graduation ceremony, all us sisters tried to yell "You da man, little brothah!" when Kyle's name was announced...but he didn't hear us. We thought we were pretty clever and cool though.






5 comments:
fun pictures that beaming comment made me laugh, I could picture you both!! But parenthood certainly does that to one! :)
YAY I love it when you post because you are a fun poster! (or something?) Anyway, Spencer's graduation is soooo adorable!! I love the pictures :)
Ahhhh, Paradise. What a wonderful time. Congrats on your little boy's graduation--he certainly is cute!!!
So cute- I love the pictures of Spencer's graduation. It reminds me of the pictures we have at home of your pre-school graduation. I love all the videos too. (The squirrely kid is fun to watch.) Spencer is so cute doing his little gymnastics routine (what a fun idea to have each kid show off like that)- and very impressive that he could do the balance beam by himself. And he's also cute getting his lei and certificate stuff. I would be tearing up too, that was so sweet to watch.
Also, I love all the California pictures, I had so much fun!
Super cute pictures. I'm there with you on preschool graduation. I just gush over my kids. I don't care what anyone says, it is a super big deal and especially for the parents. Another chapter begins.... :-) I remember our daughter back when she started kindergarten. She happily skipped off to class on the first day of school while I walked out to my car crying. Whaaa!! They grow up entirely too fast if you ask me.
Love the family pictures too. Brings back memories.
Post a Comment