Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

With a face like that, you KNOW you'll be having an exciting new year!
Happy 2010!
(Um...wasn't it just Y2K? Seriously, the last 10 years have wizzed by, and this whole new decade has really snuck up on me! Ok, wait...am I in my 30's? Dang, I knew it.)
Spencer Story:
One evening Spencer and I were talking about how he is growing and growing. I told him someday he would be big like Daddy, and he'd be able to drive a car, go on a mission, go to work, use the cutco knives (he is obsessed with our cutco knives [should I be worried?], and we tell him he can't touch them until he's "big like daddy"), etc, etc. Very matter of factly, he added, "And I'll have a big bum like Daddy."
Don't get your hopes up little guy...your dad does have a ghetto booty, but your mom has a pancake bum.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Amanda! I was seriously laughing so hard when I read that. I love SPENCE!!!

The Blaine gang said...

Wow, he needs dentist Grandpa's help, quick! I love kids and the things they say. Too cute! You are very smart to record them on the blog!

Mary Ann said...

That's really funny. And I love his face. :)

Amanda Nemelka said...

A - You look GORGEOUS in your new picture on the top of your blog. B - I can't stop staring at that picture of Spencer. It's seriously HILARIOUS. C - Chance was poking out his tummy the other day and I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I need a big tummy like daddy's". Kids are so funny.

Thanks for your lesson the other day. You are great...I wish we could see each other more...

Patti said...

Wow! That is so funny! And it fits his cute little personality too! Was he growling???

Jill And Thain said...

yeah I know what you mean time has flown by! Love all the Spencer comments and pics that are good for lots of laughs as usual :)