As you may all probably know, Spencer was a premie, he was over 7 weeks early. You probably also know I was on bed rest with Kinsey from 31 weeks to 36 weeks. (Is bedrest one word or two?) Even though you know, I'm gonna write all about it anyway. Cause that's what blogs are for. (Yes, I know what blogs are for, even though sometimes I go 6 months without proving it!)
So at 31 weeks, with Kinsey, I had a teensy bit of spotting. But because of what happened with Spence I was extra cautious (some may say paranoid), so I went in and got it checked out. It was Sunday, so I had to go to the hospital. They told me my cervix was effaced to 80 or 90% (I can't remember which now, isn't that funny? Either way, not so good. And I was having contractions and didn't even realize it. They said my uterus was "irritated." So they were small contractions, but still, not good. So because of my history, they sent me home on bed rest, and had me on muscle relaxers for the contractions.
Yay, great, sitting on my booty all day, letting people wait on me sounds awesome, right?! Ok, maybe for like 3 days. And then it's just kinda sucky. Watching someone else do everything, while you lay there feeling guilty, and thinking that any minute your water will break (cause that's what happened with Spencer). Yes, I had to lay there, on my side, all day. The doctor told me I could get up to use the bathroom, and to take a short shower each day. Otherwise, I had to stay laying down, so as not to put any more pressure on my cervix. Ok, but really, don't feel too sorry for me. I had great help, and my baby ended up being full term! I'm just saying, bed rest isn't a bed of roses...but yes, it could be a lot worse!
You would think I would have so much time to blog, or write emails, and such. But my laptop sorta crashed. We do have an ipad, which I did use quite a bit...but have you ever tried typing on a ipad while laying on your side? Not so easy, and gets old really quick. But, I did read 5 books! Which for me is a ton! I probably haven't read 5 other books in the last 2 or 3 years combined. I did catch up on Glee and Modern Family, and got to watch lots of movies! I did get to play dinosaurs with Spence and read him stories. I did get to have Dave working from home most days. I did get to have my in-laws come every weekend. My mother in law would catch us up on laundry and housework, while my father in law would make us delicious dinners. Can I tell you that I basically hit the jackpot when it came to in-laws? I did have a brother in law come and get Spencer ready for, and take him to, school EVERY morning. I did have a sister in law come and take Spence to her house, to movies, to pizza, and other stuff to entertain him. (See? In-law jackpot.) I did have lots of friends have Spencer over at their house to play. I did have a sweet friend give me a pedicure! I did have a number of ward members (of the ward we had JUST moved into, and our previous ward) bring dinners, and notes, and treats for us.
It is amazing all the love and support you realize you have, when you are in need. People are wonderful. And we are surrounded by wonderful people. We are lucky. We are blessed. We are blessed to have great friends and family. We are blessed to have kept that little baby girl safe and warm until 37 1/2 weeks. We are blessed she is so strong and healthy, and that she is pretty much the most beautiful baby ever =).
The doctors told me I could be off of bedrest at 36 weeks, and let whatever was going to happen, happen. I was certain that by the end of the first day off of bedrest I would go into labor. The first day off of bedrest I actually went to a business dinner thingy with Dave. I was SO nervous that my water was going to break at the table, in my cute dress, in front of like 200 people. But it didn't =). I lasted another whole week and a half. And it was great.
Here are some pics from Baby Bella Photography, that were taken the day after Kinsey was born. Enjoy!












Yeah, that was a lot of pics...be glad I cut it way down to just these! =)

5 comments:
I'm so glad your water didn't break in your cute dress! Haha. Mostly I'm just glad everything worked out like it did. Sorry I couldn't be there more for everything, but seriously, it sounds like you really did hit the jackpot with help. :)
And of course, absolutely adorable pics. That is one cute baby.
So cute, you guys look amazing!
great pics! How are you and your beautiful family doing? :)
I didn't know all those details! Wow, Amanda!
I always think that about bedrest... that it would be SO great, but then... not really.
I LOVE all the pics... esp. the ones w/ you and Dave. We love you guys so much!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for your sweet family. I'm feeling your pain with being a bad blogger, but I am repenting and going to do better now, too.
She is absolutely beautiful. Just like her mother. :-)
Post a Comment